Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Vesak Day - Lunch Date with the Hubs

It's Vesak Day!

This morning, I mentioned in passing that I felt like eating laksa. The Hubs thought long and hard where he could "magically" produce GOOD laksa for me. And he suggested the claypot laksa at Alexandra Village hawker centre! *claps in glee*

So... off we go! Please-don't-ask-why-I-feel-compelled-to-put-on-makeup-when-I'm-going-to-a-hawker-centre.... but I do wear makeup as and when I feel like it.


I had the smallest claypot.. My pot has a good amount (about a spoonful) of chili added into the gravy. The heat (from the extra chili) is awesome. It can really burn your stomach. The cockles tasted fresh, but a little small in size. I would have prefer more cockles in my laksa, that would have made it the best local laksa for me. Next round, I would definitely order extra "hum"!
Claypot Laksa
Since we sat in front of the "orh lua" stall, we couldn't resist getting it. OH SO GOOOOOOD! So much better than Bedok 85 Market's famous "orh lua" stall. Please keep your Hep. B jab current if you love to eat as much shell fish as I do!The eggs were crispy and had the right amount of flour. The oysters tasted fresh. The chili was the usual one that they serve with this dish, a little tangy to taste. Fresh spring onions is always a plus in my books. Although, I felt that it could have been better if they did mix in some chinese parsley.
Fried Oysters ("orh lua")
After our lunch, we were so stuffed that we didn't even wanted to go buy the famous A1 curry puffs. The thoughts that came to my mind was... #theregoesmydiet and my trainer's face when she sees me stuffing myself with oily food, but it was totally worth the gym sessions and torture the trainer puts me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment